Re: Another EDP question

> hate it.  You might think of the much talked about drum machine as a
> possibility.  You can record your drum pad as MIDI data and loop it
> that way.  No audio looping required.  My E-MU XL-7 can do this and my

Sounds to me like your machines are a bit more than just "drum machines"
though.

After sending this message I did recall that I still have this little
Alesis
SR-16 drum
machine. I guess I could get my patterns set up there and fire them off. So
the EDP
will sync with the midi clock for tempo, or vice versa huh. Cool.

On a slightly different note, if I have a loop going on the EDP, can I
alter
the tempo
of the already recorded loop? Say I layed down a guitar part to slow or
fast. Can I
bump the tempo up or down without re-recording the part?

And one last thing (for now anyway), do most of you who use the EDP use the
optional floor pedal, or do you use floor midi controller? I've read gripes
about the light duty switches. I assume everything the floor pedal does can
be controlled via MIDI too, correct?

Thanks a bunch!

Paul "Gradually zeroing in on the EDP" Sanders