Roland SPD-S doesn't send MIDI clock?!

Hi all,

As suggested by the threads of the past couple of days, I picked up a
Roland
SPD-S.

In preperation of integrating it with the Electrix Repeater that's enroute
from an E-bay purchase, I was looking at how to make things fly, and I
noticed in the manual that it doesn't send a System clock. At least the
"MIDI Implementation Chart" has an "x" in the "Transmitted" column of the
system real time clock commands.

Does this suck or what?!

I'm counting on having the Repeater sync to my rhythm parts, so I guess now
I have to rethink the SPD-S.

Any suggestions? A regular beat box controlled by the SPD-6 (which I would
re-exchange for)? I like the ability to have a drum pad so I can whack out
rhythms on the fly, so I need *something* like that in my rig. Maybe
there's
a handy rack mount box to set in with the Repeater.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Paul
Email: paul_sanders@adelphia.net