Re: Rise of the machines

Title: Re: Rise of the machines
I missed the beginning of this thread, but if the topic is finding a good mechanical drummer, I recommend the Korg ES-1. This is a sampling step-programmable drum machine.

Because you can record into it whatever sounds you want, it's quite versatile. It's very easy to use, and performance-friendly.

It is limited, however, by being step-programmed, e.g. you can't really chop stuff up the way you can on a laptop.

Still, I have found it a cooperative and easygoing partner. I use it in my live setup with a volume pedal and a few tabletop effects, and am able to get into some really nice stuff.

dan

--
ghost 7/ Oranje
http://envelopeproductions.com