Video Performance with the Lothars, Somerville MA 7.12.03

Hi folks,

This band is excellent, and I'm looking forward to joining them for this
event,

THE LOTHARS RETURN TO THE SOMERVILLE COMMUNITY GROWING CENTER

This Saturday, The Lothars will be performing outdoors at the
Somerville Community Growing Center. Joining the theremin-based
outfit will be video improvisor Emile Tobenfeld, a.k.a. "Dr. T." This
event is free.

The show starts at around 8pm, with the video joining in at around
9pm (when it should be dark enough). Due to the local noise
ordinance, the show must end by 10pm, so you'll have plenty of time
to see The Lothars and still make it to that other show or party you
wanted to attend!

If you can, get to the Growing Center at 6pm and watch the Boston
Dahn, a Korean Taoist group, perform "Arirang" (Joy of Finding Self),
a Korean folk song. The song will be interpreted and presented in
many different ways through movement, meditation and music, combining
elements of Tai Chi, energy dance, voice and instrument.

The Lothars performed once before at The Growing Center, back in
1998. It took five years, but we were finally invited back. We figure
that, with the real estate boom, the neighborhood has turned over
enough so that none of the residents remember our last performance
there.

THE SOMERVILLE COMMUNITY GROWING CENTER is at 22 Vinal Avenue in
Somerville, MA (Near Union Square off Summer Street). The Growing
Center is a 1/4 acre environmental education and cultural center.
Initiated in 1994, it is a model for urban land use and collaboration
between city government and local non-profit agencies.  This urban
oasis wa designed and built by the community and is maintained by
volunteers. The Center provides a hands-on learning environment for
local  youth to learn about the natural world, science, community
service and cultural issues. A volunteer group coordinates a full
summer season of concerts and other events that are free to the
public. [ http://www.thegrowingcenter.org ]

THE LOTHARS are a theremin-based improvisational ensemble which
includes violin, hammered dulcimer, log drum, breath-controlled
synthesizer, prerecorded samples, and at least two theremins (a word
not often seen in its plural form).