Re: Playing in time with multiple non-synced loopers... (was: Re: footswitchable series/parallel signal routing schemes)

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 08:41 PM, Paul Sanders wrote:

> [...]

Did I write that you were a Bozo?  I just said that classic rock wasn't
really my bag... anymore.  I grew up on the Beatles, Who, Bowie, etc.
It's not that I don't like them, I've just had my fill of it.  On the
other hand, my friends and I went to an Irish pub in Berkeley, CA
called Becketts a few weeks ago and there was a nice little
transvestite singing Beatles and Simon and Garfunkel songs.  We had a
great time but we were mostly there to eat, drink and be social. (the
guy had an EDP that he never seemed to use).  If I'd seen the same guy
at 21 Grand in Oakland I would have walked right out.  As I said in my
email, it's all context.  A change in venue makes a big difference.

> I'm not a looping act though. I'm a solo pop music act that wants to
> do somethign different than most other folks WITHOUT being a Kareoke
> act.

My hats off to you.  You're doing *something*.  Most don't.  In a world
full of people who mainly worry about interest rates during the day and
watch TV at night you're trying to go out and not be passive.  Nice.

> I did do some interesting stuff tonight with my RC-20 and some funky
> echo settings on my new SPD-S and using an Ebow to put a bunch of
> guitar layers down.

That's more of what people here are into, but not totally.  There's a
big diversity in taste here.  I only commented about what I thought
about what you were doing in a negative light when you commented on
what others were doing in a negative light.

> I need to get the hang of that, but it should be fun once I do.

Have fun!

Mark