RE: Drum loops...how do you do it?

Dearly beloved,

I am willing to bet that MIDI looping hardware or software is just around
the corner that will solve some of these problems.  I am using a second EDP
for percussion after trying a few different options--hell, I bought a
MC-505
thinking it was a MIDI looper, but you have to preset the measure length.
So I am sampling the audio output of an Alesis D4 with the second EDP,
brother synced to the other one (using that one for melody etc).

I have been trying some different things recently--sus inset and sus
substitute--and also using windowing--but the bottom line for me is, if you
want it live and you want it the way you hear it in your head, YOU HAVE TO
PLAY IT IN REAL TIME first.  If it was a MIDI looper tho, it might be
easier
to manipulate, and I look forward to the time when that is available.

Even so, my improvised music is lame and basically an opportunity for me to
show off how well I play the guitar, so I have no clue as to who I am going
to convince they should listen to it.  I can't please anyone but
myself--not
weird enough for y'all, too weird for the hoi polloi.  Good thing I am
having a ball!  And get the occasional gig--but how to promote this Delay
project?

Gary