Re: How Many Delays, synced and unsynced

At 07:41 AM 7/16/2003 -0700, Relay wrote:

>How many delay units in series (one into another, as it were) are you
>folks
>using?

Mine's a slightly unconventional setup, but I know there are others on the
list using similar architectures.  I've got an automated effects matrix
which allows me to change the order of the effects plugged into it.  Some
of the other guys using Switchblades or other patch bays have the same
kind
of flexibility.

My signal chain starts with the computers & synthesizers (most of which
have internal effects/delay) then is routed to any or all of the
following:
Electrix Repeater, Line 6 Echo Pro, Line 6 Filter Pro, and Boss VF-1 (also
there's an Akai PEQ-7 graphic eq hardwired to certain key points).  The
signal then passes into my mixer, where there are two effects sends that
route back into the matrix once again before returning.  Also, the
Repeater
has a Korg Kaos Pad dedicated into its effect loop.

So, I guess a chain using the theoretical maximum number of delays might
look something like this: synth patch using internal echo --> VF-1 -->
Echo
Pro --> Repeater (using effect loop to --> Kaos Pad) --> mixer.  That's
not
using the mixer/matrix to recurse the signal back through any of the units
all over again, however.

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil