RE: Repeater latency

> From: Kim Flint [mailto:kflint@loopers-delight.com]

> that's a test of the sync accuracy, not the direct through
> audio latency
> which I think is what Per is referring to.

That's correct.

> noticeable latency. I measured it at 12.5ms on my scope.

Big thanks for that, Kim! Good to also know what you are hearing ;-)

> The echoplex passes direct audio through as analog, and the delay is
> probably more on the order of nanoseconds and imperceptible

I have no problem at all with the minimal echoplex latency. In fact I'm
using its direct signal in my live looping rigg. But the repeater - no
way! It goes with "direct input mute" all the time.

> From: Eric Williamson [mailto:erwill@suitandtieguy.com]
>
> i had a difficult time playing around the delay. for textural things
> it's okay, for chords it's okay, but for wah clavinet type parts it's
> irritating.

Try muting the direct signal and putting it in a send loop. The repeater
is great for rythmic stuff IMHO.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
---> www.boysen.se