semi-OT:Claude review/ted's repsonse...etc

>TED said: I had to package and send out 750 CDs
>(all at my own cost and postage expense) the result seems a rather
>pitiful percentage (probably less than 10%)...

i will 2nd ted's comments here. i've done 3 li'l cdr projects (d2r,
corp rock sucks, unplayable) and for each sent out about 100 cdr copies
(at my own expense). on my 1st one, i sent it to "places that were
supposedly 'friendly' to reviewing 'independant releases'. of the about
100 i sent out, i got like 4 or 5 reviews (2 of them i had to pay for).
the others sort of ripped me a new bum-hole. but i have a tough skin
and didn't bother me, criticism is good, helps you grow, and i don't think
that everything i do is SUPER AT THE TOP OF THE GAME QUALITY, i just
keep trying. i think you have to start thinking of your intent. my intent
was to try to get my music that i made out to people, and that's what
i did w/ the 2nd 2 releases. a few people sent me some nice emails back
w/ kind words, but i didn't really expect it. people are busy, i'm busy.
a friend of mine told me once: do this b/c you love it and it's fun.
if it's not fun, stop and do something else. by the way, i've gotten
a lot of great music from people on this list, and i tend to think
that there is a lot of great music being made out there, you just have
to find it...
so good luck....
s---