From: Relay [mailto:relaydelayband@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 3:00 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: DigiTech DigiDelay pedal--cool!

Douglas wrote:

Gary, can you describe the (X-Series delay pedal) reverse effect a bit? I've been bummed that the budget-level Boss pedals all have this reverse-plus-forward mix <snip>

I spent a bit more time with this unit again today, and am still pleased with its possibilities, but have to report that it does have its limitations -- First of all, although there are two outs, you cannot send the uneffected signal out one and the "wet" signal out da other--that would have been nice now wouldn't it-- Also, there is no feedback control of the looper--guess that means it's not a real looper--hey, that's what I've got the EDP for (where have I heard that before?) The reverse does have tap tempo, and all the knobs work on that model--feedback, volume, time . . . and the feedback knob also works as a hold in reverse mode, mebbe other models too . . . Its greatest strength so far for me is that it is BATTERY POWERED and so I plan to visit Starbucks with a Minivox, this pedal and an acoustic and see how long I can play before I am invited to leave.  That will have to wait, however, as other business beckons. Ciao, Gary