Re: OT: Sustainiac (was Re: space station)

Man was it trouble.  They were like, "Sure, it installs in an M series
Steinberger with no problems or routing."  NOT.  I had Gary Brawer
install it and he did a great job.  (Though, I have to buy only certain
9v batteries to fit in his battery compartments.)  Looks factory.

I did warm up to it.  Not only was it an investment in money, but it
was an investment in time learning how to tame it.  I was hoping it
would be like having a dedicated ebow for each string, but it is not.
It's more like standing in front of a bank of full stacks but you're
almost deaf.  I spent a lot of time with right and left hand muting
techniques to get it to do what I want.  It's not something you can
just plug into and "get" right off the bat.

Mark Sottilaro