From: msottilaro [mailto:sine@zerocrossing.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 12:58 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: OT: Sustainiac

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 09:12  AM, Kevin Cheli-Colando wrote:

>> As I recall you were only mildly fond of the results with the
>> Sustainiac
>> when you first got it. Or was that just because of all the trouble it
>> took
>> to install it? I take it you've warmed to it? And is it the
>> Sustainiac or
>> the Fernandes system that you've got?

Sustainiac

> I'd be curious to hear anyone else's opinion on the Sustainiac system
> as
> well.  I installed one in a cheap Strat copy and its always seemed a
> lot tamer
> than I'd like; the sustain comes on kind of slowly and isn't as robust
> as I'd
> hoped (I wasn't too thrilled with the response of the Fernandes either
> fwiw).  I
> know its installed correctly as I eventually sent the guitar in to be
> looked at
> and it was pronounced 'proper'.

Really?  Man when I turn that thing on the strings just howl!  Could be
my guitar, as it's a Steinberger M series.. I think EMG 98 at the
bridge... don't remember.  I'm always playing with the knob to get it
close to the spot where it's between no feedback and harmonic feedback
so I can get a more subtle sustain.  Full clockwise and the strings
just jump with not much attack time.  Maybe it's the cheap strat copy.
I've played around with GK2 equipped Fenders and I thought they SUCK.
Even when I had my GK2 on my G&L (which I will put up against any Strat
at any time) it didn't track nearly as well as it does on my
Steinberger.  Man I'm I happy they're making them again.

> And of course, we all know that these sounds are going to be looped,
> just to
> keep marginally on topic.

Well, it's feeding the guitar's signal back into itself... in a
feedback loop.  That's a loop.

Mark Sottilaro