RE: cheap tape echo

Line6 DL4. The Headrush can't do it. There are in fact only a few things
the
Headrush does which the DL4 can't do. One are the four separate outputs of
the Headrush (which come in handy if you want to use different effects on
the different echo taps - but you'd need a big big mixer or a patchbay or a
setup which limits you in your flexibility for this), the other one is of
course the maximum delay time of ~21s...

For Dub echoes, there is nothing better than the DL4, period. If you can
get
your fingers on one to try it out, give both the Roland Space Echo and the
proprietary "Sweep Echo" a try!

        Rainer

Rainer Straschill
Moinlabs GFX and Soundworks - www.moinlabs.de