Re: gibson echoplex

I don't know if the MF "blem" specials are the same things they sell in
their
clearance outlet store in Kansas City, which I visited last weekend, but
if so,
you might not be getting the greatest deal. Or maybe the stuff in that
store are
the items that are so bad that they can't even sell 'em as "blems". Worst
bunch
of overpriced junk I've seen lately.

I don't mind buying something broken...IF it's a good deal, but 10% off
retail
for a combo guitar amp with a broken cabinet (and who knows what else
wrong) is
NOT a good deal. This stuff wasn't discounted heavily to make it worth my
money,
for it's condition.

OTOH, the visit wasn't a total waste of time, since, since there appeared
to be
patterns in some pieces of gear. Like finding a pile of one particular
brand of
guitar preamps, all of which with problems like "no power" or something
like
that. One could safely conclude that these didn't have the best reliability
record (or that it was hard for the vendor to return them to the mfg, who
knows?).

Greg