Re: Ebay (Was Re: Selecting vendors)

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 11:27 PM, Jeff Shirkey wrote:

> I certainly learned a lesson. And I went into it thinking (mistakenly)
> that I had all bases covered. I didn't go into it blindly--just not as
> informed as I ought to have been.

I'm not condoning gray market goods, but to be honest, the reason
Yamaha guys were all "whatever" is because it's not all that big of a
deal usually.  Can anyone remember using warrantee service?  I find
usually something dies pretty quickly or lasts for a while with a brand
like Yamaha.  And tech service?  Hahah ahahaha.  That's usually a joke
anyway.  Of course, as I say this the next thing I buy will probably go
belly up a month into me owning it.

Mark