Re: Boss RC-20 with Digitech FS-300

The RC-20 uses a regular mc switch with a mono cord
for both jacks. (My reverse switch is actually a
modified cheapo dictaphone switch, but a whole lot of
different brands will work that cost much less than
the FS-5U Boss recommends... I don't use a footswitch
on the phrase shift, since I don't use the storage
settings.)

The FS-300, on the other hand, needs a stereo patch
cord, so it's likely that in this application the
jacks on the FS-300 phrase shift and RC-20 are
incompatible.

You might be able to use a two button footswitch to
control both of them IF the pedal end terminates in
two separate 1/4" plugs...

-t-

ps: another minor gripe about the RC-20 is that when
the remote footswitch for the reverse function is
already plugged in at powerup (like, as in, the way
someone with a pedalboard would always leave it), the
unit powers up in reverse mode; I'm not sure if this
is also the case with the "legit" FS-5U, but...

--- burnett@pobox.com wrote:

re FS-300 (3 button) vs. FS-5U (1 button) & ilk