Re: Favorite Looping CD's

I was lucky enough to catch Darin a few months ago in Fairfax CA (must have been around the same time you heard him, since he mostly plays in Oregon) and he truly is a superb looper.

He starts out his loops typically enough, playing a catchy bass line on his 5-string bass.   Then, he adds a layer of  haunting melody using the high string of the bass, which he tunes an octave higher than normal.  Once he has a good groove going, he pulls out a violin bow and bows out some beautiful Shankar-esque lines on that same high string.  He does all of this, including his echoplex pedal work, with absolutely flawless technique.  I have his "Ojai" cd which is excellent, and done completely live.  Worth checking out

SteveK