Looping with other musicians, new tools=new results (was RE: Cranky Kim)

If you're playing with other musicians, and the collective tempo
shifts, and you've already recorded a loop with tempo-dependent
information, then I don't see how you can "adjust" the loop.
Re-triggering on the downbeat won't help if the loop is of any
significant length, since you'll quickly be out of sync with everything
that comes after that.  Re-recording the loop is probably inpractical
if you've got a few layers and/or the loop is more than a few seconds
long, since you probably won't have time to re-do the loop before
either the next section arrives or the tempo shifts...again.

What sort of adjustments would you suggest in such a situation?

***

I think the EDP (like many tools) leads to, even requires, new ways of
working.  Trying to shoehorn it into previous musical forms, such as an
AABA song is sort of a dead-end.  But there's so many things you can do
with it that you couldn't do before, and those are the things to go
after.  I'm primarily using mine in a solo acoustic guitar context, and
while I usually end up with with two or three related loops (via
multiply and loop copy) which I can switch between to provide a
verse/chorus/bridge type structure, there's no way around the first
minute or two of building up those loops.  You can't just go
verse/chorus/verse/chorus/middle/chorus/chorus right from step one,
since the first pass of each section has only one layer.

This doesn't bother me much, and the the exploratory section of each
piece which includes building each loop is just part of the piece.
Each tune ends up being about ten minutes long, but that's just how it
is.  Personally I never liked the idea of pre-loading loops in the way
the Repeater promised.

TravisH