RE: Fear of "canned" loops

Another interesting thread! ;-D

I don't care if an artist is plucking a guitar string or triggering a
sample, it's the context of the music created that makes me want to stay
and listen.

But I admit that there is a certain beauty in the philosophy of creating
the sound of music right here and now. But I'm not a purist. I have used
pre programmed goove box beats live, but it's just so much more fun
without it!

I have nothing against backing tapes or pre recorded audio used for
performance, but it's sad when artists are using this to mimic a certain
already existing "sound". It's just lame, and the more "professional"
the more pathetic.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se