Re: Looping with other musicians, new tools=new results

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:25:05 -0700, Travis <tiktok@sprintmail.com> wrote:
> That's one school of thought.  The other school of thought (that the
> drummer has the primary [not sole] responsibility of keeping time for
>the
> rest of the band) has many more adherents, at least in North America.

hmm, I don't know if I agree entirely.  It seems to me it's not so much
about a "school of thought" as much as getting to a certain level where
you
realize you're not supposed to depend on the drummer to keep time.
Reminds
me of Meshuggah whose guitarist has such a solid sense of time that the
drummer is the one following HIM.

I find this thread very interesting because I'll be looping with a drummer
soon, and I intend to try with both a click and without to see what
happens.  It's his first time doing something like that, but he's
interested in trying it.  I shall report my findings.

--
ernesto schnack
http://www.stringboy.net