Re: RUDE (was Re: looking for a Warr)

I feel this is  rationalization for a Lord of the Flies kind of
phenomenon,

if a person walked into a party and made their first attempt to socialize
in
that environment and the dominant males by the watering holes surrounded
that person and started clawing at the individual, this would be sad.
It would suggest a (tightknit, not in the sense of freestanding natural
closeness alone, but rather accompanied by an high sense of self worth
psychological investment in  who is in and who is out - essentially fear
based mentality) party, without compassion or even the tact to welcome a
newcomer(whether their first word are awkward or not):  it would cheapen
the
party.

how about it was meaningless and innocent. If they started posting ads
daily
for all kinds of band instruments and links to porn sites then by all
means,
I'll act like a baboon right alongside. But what some here are up to feels
bit more like a pre-emptive strike, rationalized by a kind of "well
probably
have some WMD they're getting ready to use". has Bush really been so
influential to the human spirit?

okay so someone starts out by saying anyone got a high end bass x for sale?

so what?

hopefully we have got enough raw content to sustain us without spiraling
into this kind of trigger-happy caca, which by the way is a LOT more
painful
to sift through than if someone had posted half a dozen gear ads.

For instance: I know it's been covered in a lot of ways, but can anyone
suggest a testing regimen for a just-purchased simpletech 256 cfc on a
repeater? (I'll post what i did and how well it worked on this and
hopefully not other models) Someone said something about forwards and
backwards recording in stereo? Very open to CFC testing  tips. have to test
it friday/sat of this week cause it's just before the return period is
over.

Why not let this whole thing go,  welcome this member(welcome!) and move on
already.

thanks,
glenn

syc·o·phant    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (sick-of ant)
n.

A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential
people.