Normalized

Andre LaFosse continues his groundbreaking guitar work on his brand new
second solo album, 'Normalized'. Like no other artist that I know of, he
explores the far reaches of what can be done with an electric guitar and
the
new Echoplex software. The Echoplex is a truly 'deep' box - it's a
wonderful
and indispensable tool for live looping musicians, but beneath that
seemingly simple looping functionality, there is an uncharted territory of
more experimental musical possibilities many of which don't even have a
name
yet.

Andre is one of the very few musicians who have gone there and came back
with treasures ... he turns his axe into something he calls 'turntablist'
guitar ... maybe one could also call his music 'pointillist' ...
Burroughs's
cut-up techniques come to mind, and I also had to think of Edward scissor
hands ... remember that guy with scissor hands, creating incredible
sculptures in seconds? Andre's sound sculptures are a bit like that, they
suddenly evolve out of thin air, fragile cut-up loop fragments that one
would expect to go haywire suddenly start to groove and rock and mutate in
many surprising ways. I've spent some time with electric guitar and
Echoplex
myself, but still, Andre seems like a wizard to me and often enough, I have
no idea how he does what he does. And then he's a wonderful guitarist of
course - firmly rooted in rock'n roll but going way beyond that, with
traditional Indian and Arabian music speaking in his phrasing and
expressivity.

So, if you need some avantgarde party music, or if you're looking for a
truly adventurous and rewarding listening experience, buy this album, now,
at

http://www.altruistmusic.com/cd

--------
Michael Peters