9/19: Chama benefit tomorrow

[Chama is one of the last truly alternative places in the East
Village and they're struggling to survive.  They've been a kindly
host to many New York area loopers -- you know who you are!

I'm MCing this event which promises to be extremely memorable --
please come on out.  /t]

Stv Jns wrote:

  "Quintessentially East Village!" --- Phil Hartman

FRIDAY SEPT 19:
!! CHAMA BENEFIT !!
To be held at the historic UMBRELLA HOUSE, around the corner from
Chama Teahouse, at 21 Avenue C, between 2nd & 3rd streets.

FRIDAY September 19th  8pm - 12
Admission sliding scale= $5 - $100

Awareness, expansion, connection, and MORE!
INDIAN RAGAS, BIG DRUMMING, MUSIC ELECTRONICS, COMEDY, ART
INSTALLATION, PAINTINGS, INTERACTIVE SCULPTURE, ANIMATED BRAIN,
SPINNING CROP CIRCLES, ALIEN ABDUCTION MEMORIES, BEER, WINE,
T-SHIRTS, RAFFLE, AUCTION!

Layers, combos and solos featuring:
* BILL BUCHEN  (Tablas/Percussion)
* STEVE JAMES  (Sarod/Violin) -tentative
* STEVE GORN  (Bansuri Flute) -tentative
* ZEROBOY  (Unique Comic: "world's loudest mime") * FLY  (Multimedia
Comix Performance)
* STEVE BEN ISRAEL  (Legendary "Storyteller")
* TOM SWIRLY  (Electronic Orchestra, Master of Ceremonies!)
* KATHERINE SALL (Woman of the Drum)
* LEONARDO FERRARO  (Master Drummer)
* SASHA (Spoken Word)
* STEVE JONES (eGuitar/Loop Song & Drum)
* KIRK PETERKIN  (Space Age Music Box)
* PETER KIRN  (Electronic Composer)
* KAMALA SANKARAM  (Sitar/Voice)
* TYRONE HENDERSON  (Poet)
* RD HANSON  (Sax master) -tentative

with PAINTINGS AND SCULPTURE by
DAVID HUGGINS, STEVE SPEER, CHRISTIE BREYER, JAMES ROMBERGER,
KATHERINE SALL, FLY, and more!!!

* PLUS! TED THE PSYCHIC will be on hand to read your energy and give
special advice!

>>>  Instant collector's item: the NEW CHAMA T-SHIRT Limited Edition!
-----------
PLEASE COME on down to Umbrella House and ENJOY A UNIQUE EAST VILLAGE
EVENT that just may SAVE CHAMA and the many Chama efforts from
extinction
------------  http://www.chamateahouse.com

Dear Friends, CHAMA is in desperate financial straights. If you have
enjoyed our lectures, our open mics, our full moon shows, our fringe
science, mind and art events, our music, our halloween haunted house
event in the garden, WE NEED CONTRIBUTIONS NOW. If we don't meet our
rent, CHAMA will have to close this fall. Come to the benefit or just
mail or drop by with your contributions. if CHAMA doesn't survive
this crisis there will be no CHAMA. It up to all of us to support
whats meaningful in our lives. If CHAMA is meaningful to you, please
help out....thanks and peace

CHAMA Teahouse
Human Thought Gallery
332 East 4th street
East Store
New York, NY 10009
checks made out to: Gargoyle Mechanique Productions
THANK YOU!

--

http://loopNY.com ......................An "open loop": shows every
Saturday!