Re: Rackmount 1-space stereo line mixers?

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 04:11PM, Steve Ginn <sginn@mac.com>
wrote:

>in the configuration you can have up to 4 separate mix busses and you can
>route any of the inputs to each output pair assigned to a mix bus.  For
>example on one mix bus I may assign all my regular inputs to the main
>outs.  Then on another mix bus I may assign those same inputs to a
>different out (adat for example) for something effects processing and
>then route the output of that effects device also on the same mix bus
>that is assigned to the main outs.  I can then control the wet and dry
>levels on the main mix bus.  The bottom line is that you can have up to 4
>separate (different) output pairs with each pair assigned to a different
>mix bus and each mix bus can have any or all of the inputs that are
>available for the entire unit assigned to each of these output mix busses.

And one other final note ... you can save up to 16 different
configurations and recall any of them without having to use a computer.

As for the response concerning A/D & D/A; I am finding in my situation
that I use the analog inputs for my analog synth devices (except for my Z8
sampler which has a spidf out) and I use the ADAT for my effects
processor.  Essentially, everything except for the EDP stays in the
digital realm until it gets passed back out to the house from the main
outs.

Steve