Echo Pro as second looper

I'm an EDP user.  I'm looking at the Line 6 echo pro to use as a second
looper.  I know that the looper is not synchable.  Do the regular delays
synch well to MIDI clock though?  I have three main intentions for this
looper:

1.  To use as a seperate vocal looper.  Create an instrumental loop on
the EDP and then a vocal loop on Echo Pro.  Then shut the EDP off and
hear the Vocal loop.
2.  To use as a timed delay for my vocals.
3.  To use as an asynchronous/ambient looper in conjuntion with the
rhythmic loops in the EDP.

Anybody using this gear in any of these ways?

Thanks,
John
www.johnmazzarella.com