Re: Looping with a PC laptop... which one?

>On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 11:42  AM, Jonathan wrote:
>

>>I'll second that. Just stay away - we aren't part of their target
>>market.
>>

>Hahahaha.  Nice.  They do loop in stereo though, no?
>
>Playing devil's advocate, I started wondering, does any hardware
>device do what Live does?
>
>Just wondering.  I still think a laptop may be the best route to do
>what I'm trying to do, I'm just seeing that most recommended laptops
>are a bit out of my price range.  So far, only HP seems to make one
>under a grand.  Lot's of people rave about the Vaios, but man are
>they spendy, I might as well buy an Apple.
>
>Mark

My Thinkpad was just under a grand at PCConnection.com. It was the
only Pentium 4-based laptop I could find for under a grand, and I
believe it is an older model. I see now that they have the R32 2G P4
for $1099, if you want to go a little over a grand. Mine is a 1.8G,
and it seems to run Live and Reason quite well.