Re: How do you approach looping composition?

My best advice to you is to learn what works in bass looping composition by
doing it:

    1) try looping for one hour every day
    2) record each looping session from the beginning to the end -- NOT
just
the "good bits"
    3) let the recording sit for 24hrs before you listen to it
    4) loop (and record) the next day keeping in mind the things you felt
worked and didn't work from your earlier recordings/sessions.

After one month of this, you'll have learned many things, including the
fact
that what seems like a bad idea on Day 1 sounds actually quite cool on Day
2
:-)

Good luck

David Kirkdorffer