EDP MultiIncrease

Hi everyone.
        I haven't dug too deep into Loop IV, in fact , I hardly scratched
the
surface of Loop III before upgrading.  But if I only upgraded after
mastery then I'd still be trying to figure out what all the extra
buttons on my high school calculator are for instead of sending emails
from my Mac.
        So here's my question.  It confuses me when I want to multiply my
loop
4 cycles by using the MultiIncrease and after the second press of
Multiply it starts running numbers.  What's going on?  If I continue
just tapping out the Multiplys it works,  I see the C<number> but I
want to understand what is happening.  What does the manual mean by
"The Echoplex begins Rounding off the multiply, just as it always has."
  By the way, I have Quantize = CYC.

---John M.