RE: Electrix repeater which 256MB cf card???

Title: RE: Electrix repeater which 256MB cf card???

>>To my understanding, it's not the size of the card, but which specific chipset it
uses. I have 4 cards now, all SimpleTech. The 16mb card that came with the
Repeater works fine, as does the first 128MB card I bought. The second 128MB card
works ok for mono and non-strenuous use (loop storage), but will occasionally
give a SLOW CFC if you try to do stereo or whatever. I just got a new 256MB last
week and haven't had a chance to fully exercise it yet, but initial tests look
positive (formats, records in stereo, reverse, etc).<<

agreed re the size issue, i.e. there isn't one. I was suggesting merely that buying smaller cards would be less painful than what I did which was to buy a 256 from a big manufacturer and end up using it in an ixus (100's of photos....) instead because the repeater didn't like it at all. but if you can find a dealer who'll let you bring y'r repeater along and try a few cards.... I doubt that there are any shops in london who've even seen a repeater. I mail-ordered mine and collected it from digital village in barnet- they had no idea what the thing was. the second one was bought off of this list (hooray!)

both my 128's must be the new sort. :-( and the 16 was just too small.
if only there was a way to install (more) ram in it and just use the cards for offline storage....

d.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe