Re: slightly OT -- headphone recommendations?

Title:
thanks,  not cheap, but very interesting.

gfd

Greg House wrote:
--- George Demarest <george.demarest@oracle.com> wrote:

Along similar lines, does anyone have a good recommendation for portable
headphones for
travel?  I've had a couple of earbud types, which are ok, but I'm
looking for a step up in
audio quality, something that will work during long flights (some of the
earbuds are not very comfortable).

How about the Etymotic Research ER4s? Can be used with custom earmolds for
ultimate comfort and a serious amount of isolation. http://www.etymotic.com/

I've heard mixed reviews on the Sony noise cancellation dealies.

I've heard good things about them, but haven't used 'em myself.

Greg