Re: The Ambient Ping presents...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jesse Ray Lucas" <jlucas@neoprimitive.net>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Saturday, 11 October, 2003 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: The Ambient Ping presents Beef Terminal + Mnemosyne

> Does anyone else mind getting these Ambient Ping things all the time?  I
> don't really want them.
>
> I know there's some way I'm supposed to be able to block certain senders
>in
> Outlook, but I was just wondering what the general concensus was on this
>bit
> of more-than-monthly spam.
>
> -Jesse

Hi Jesse,

It was good to hear a couple of replies that people would be interested
in checking the Ping out while they're in the Toronto area - just as I
would visit Chama/Open Loop if I visited NYC on a weekend. What has
surprised me, is that I don't get more enquiries from loopers in the
ambient/experimental vein looking for a slot here. We also host a
bi-monthly Planet Of The Loops event and the organizer, Andrew
Aldridge, loves to get fresh players onstage to improvise with other
artists. http://www.geocities.com/energymadeaudible/planet.html

If there is any concensus to stop the Ping updates, I'll certainly oblige.
I think the best way to filter the Ping stuff would be to create a message
rule where a subject line that contains "The Ambient Ping presents"
would be deleted. That way you won't lose any of my occasionaly
worthwhile or at least grimaceworthy comments on other threads. ;)

BTW - There's usually an ambient/experimental/whatever CD review
included in each update, to make it a bit more worthwhile, but you
have to scroll down to get to it.

Cheers,
Scott M2

http://www.dreamSTATE.to