RE: Y2K3 Gig Report - Comments on COMMUNITY

Right on Miko! the one true Miko! I enjoyed your set, and felt your pain at
having to follow Brian Kenney Fresno, who made me laugh harder than I have
in a long long time. I think I might have sabotaged my own gear if faced
with a similar situation.
 Imagine if you will, a guy working the room with the manic energy of
Robin Williams, playing a Warr(?) 10 string stick instrument like Tony
Levin, singing spot on satirical tunes about life in Fresno California( of
all things), keeping a rapid fire comic banter going, complete with canned
applause, light show, over head projector displaying song lyrics, etc.. He
simply overwhelmed the room, exhaulting the audience to sing along to the
lyrics of one song lifted from the menue of a notorious Fresno restaraunt,
to everyone to get up and dance to his new dance that according to him was
currently sweeping the nation. This guy is an amazing talent and deserves a
wider audience. Oh yeah, and he did some looping too.
 Miko, I'm glad you enjoyed the event and I hope you will be back next
year, hopefully in a more comfortable spot. Such was the nature of the last
minute cancellations and schedule conflicts this year. I will try to give a
more in depth report on Y2K3 in the next day or two when I have time, but
my initial feeling echos Miko. it was an artistic triumph, and an even
greater triumph of community. The amount of diversity, creativity and
ingenuity was inspiring.  Rick worked his ass off for this thing, and he
kept it together even when faced with all of the cancelations, web sniping,
etc.
 Thanks a lot Bro!
Bill