Re: Geoff, and loop4

> > I was jamming with my loop iv edp this morning and the weirdest thing
>  > happened I hit my floor controller (1010) and the EDP did something
>  > really weird. It played through the loop I had built up from the
>first
>  > layer I laid down through all my new overdubs eventually settling
>once
>  > more on the loop I had been working with. So somehow it played
>through
>  > the recording buffer in perfect order of each new edit. Cool! like a
>  > history of my loop.
>  Is this a feature of the edp or an accident as I can't repeat it.
>
>  stumped
>  Geoff

>  Ah ha
>  It happens when I hit reverse and then 'retrigger loop' within quick
>  succession.
>  Cool!
>  Although slightly annoying because thats not what I want it to do.
>  Cest La Vie
>
>  Geoff

Hi Geoff,
Congrats, you found a bug, and hunted it down.
Careful now, you could end up as a beta tester ;-)

What the EDP is doing there is just running through the entire memory,
so the results can be pretty good if you've been playing long enough to
fill the available space.
During the beta-test phase of loop4 that behavior was often the result of
bug,
though we found and fixed a whole load it's not a shock that you found a
way
in.

To play through large chunks of "loop history" like that by
"loop windowing", which isn't a bug, you can do a nice long multiply and
then
hit Undo afterwards.

My guess is that this doesn't happen every time you
do that button sequence, is that right?

Also, I assume you're using

49   ReverseButton

andy butler (loop4 beta tester...those were the days)