Re: evangelize EDP please

--- Lance Chance <lrc8918@louisiana.edu> wrote:
> finally, i can't abide by the artifact at the loop point.   i guess it
>was a
> bit presumptuous to assume that ebow guitarist would have a problem with
> this as a rule, but that "very slight change (usually a little surge) in
> volume around the loop point" that you mention is something that doesn't
> happen at all on my EDP.

Oh yeah, I know it's not seemless, it's just that for what I'm doing, that
doesn't bother me. I've heard several other people, like yourself, who had
more
of an issue with it.

> my feelings summed up as follows:   the repeater infinitely more
>versatile
> and can respond well to many types of input.   the edp is "warmer"
>"realer"
> and perhaps more responsive to the whimsy of the player.  i find that the
> edp works better as part of a instrument and instrumentalist package,
> whereas i like to devote the whole attention of a player just to the
> manipulation of the repeater.

All of which makes a lot of sense, if you consider the designers and the
original
target market for the two units. The EDP was designed by musicians, for
musicians. Whereas the Repeater was designed primarily for DJs and people
doing
remixing.

Greg