Re: Another feature for my ideal EDP wishlist

At 11:33 PM 10/27/2003, Travis wrote:
>I wish the EDP could dynamically add loops, so that instead of having to
>define the number of loops beforehand with MoreLoops, you could start
>with
>just 1, and then hit Next Loop and have it behave the way it does now
>(copying the time or audio or whatever) and so on.  I like to have pieces
>with two or three or four loops, but I don't know before hand, and I want
>to be able to switch between loop 1 and 2 easily, without having to step
>through as-yet unused loops 3,4, etc.  And if I decide I want five loops,
>and I've got the free memory (which I always do), I wish I could move to
>loop 5 (for example) without having to clear everything out and reset the
>MoreLoops parameter.

If memory is never an issue for you, than just set it to 5 loops (or
whatever the most you ever use is). If you use MIDI you have all the
flexibility available you are looking for. With MIDI you have both
NextLoop
and PreviousLoop commands, as well as the ability to jump directly to any
loop with the LoopTrigger function. You even have fun stuff like
SUSNextLoop.

Or, if you don't use MIDI, you can still get a lot of flexibility using
SwitchQuantize. After you press Next and it goes into the quantizing
waiting period, you can continue to press Next to select which loop it is
going to. Plus you can command it to start a function in the new loop,
like
Record, or LoopCopy, or whatever. This gives you a lot of flexibility to
manage multiple loops without having to deal with a lot of buttons.

kim