Re: Another feature + Q. for EDP developers: updating the EDP footpedal??

At 08:23 AM 10/28/2003, David wrote:
>I have a question for the EDP developers and manufacturers regarding the
>interface. I accept changing the faceplate and hardware interface of the
>EDP
>unit would be prohibitively difficult and uneconomical.
>
>But what about changes to the EDP footswitch/pedal?  Is this possible?
>Perhaps this is an avenue for exploration?

As you are suggesting it no, because it would require changing the main
unit also which makes it very uneconomical.

The point of the pedal is to be simple and direct. It covers most of the
functions without using too many buttons, the main functions are easy, and
it doesn't have a lot of stuff in it to break while getting kicked around
the stage. For most people it covers everything they do with the echoplex.

As you saw while proposing something else, everybody has different needs.
As soon as you try to make a more complex pedal, you quickly get to where
nobody agrees what it should do. If you put every function on it, it would
be huge and unusable. If you take some functions out, some segment of
users
will not like it.

That is why we have extensive midi control. If you want a more complex
controller, use midi. Then you can customize it any way you want.

kim