begining EDP

Hi all,
there is one thing I don't know how to do with my EDP.

I have set up 4 loops.
I record the first, then I Nextloop to the next.
This copies my 1st loop but also systematically puts me in recording (or
overdub) mode.

What I usually like to do (with other loopers) is play over a loop
and only start Overdubing (manually or "footually") when I get to play
something I like.

Currently, everything I play is systematically overdubbed as soon as I
enter the next loop,
even if I only start playing after the Copy operation is terminated (with
either a press on Record or
Multiply).

My parameters are :
Moreloop        4Lp4
Loopcopy        snd
autorecord      OFF
SwitchQuant     OFF
SamplerStyle    run
OverdubMode     tog

It seems like Autorecord does not behave like described on page 4-30
of the documentation and I cannot figure out why. What am I missing ?

Thanks in advance to all for your help.

Francois