Re: THE LOOPING TOOLS I USE

Depends on the context.

In my main band, Eleven Eyes, I loop on exactly one tune, I use a
DL-4 to set up a keyboard loop for the intro of a tune, I mostly use
the DL-4 for delays, I love the filtered tape echo patch! It's a six
piece band, with horns, turntables, guitar and drums, and I mostly
play bass, and it's just such a dense sound that I don't see the need
for more clones of me in the mix. Our DJ does a lot of looping of his
turntables, and also plays back sampled loops.

In my infrequent duo/trio gigs, I do a lot of looping, using a
Repeater and a JamMan, with a Lexicon Vortex in the FX loop of the
Repeater. The Repeater and JamMan are clocked from either an ER-1 or,
lately, an Adrennalinn. There's also a Nord Micromodular playing
step-sequenced synth loops. Sound sources are Rhodes, Nord Lead and
MiniMoog, maybe a little bass.

I've also been considering integrating my laptop, running Reason and
Live, into the above setup, possible replacing the Repeater and
JamMan.