Re: dancing architecture (was OTHER LOOPERS?)

Greg wrote:
> I love dancing about architecture! I danced a Frank Lloyd Wright just
>last
week.

One of the best commentaries on "talking about music is like dancing about
architecture" (and I wish I could remember the source; I suspect it was
Kyle
Gann):
    Yes, and talking conveys information just as dance conveys information,
albeit in different ways. Intelligent talk can express enthusiasm and
convey
shades of meaning just as dance can. Someone could certainly dance an
homage
to the skyline of Manhattan (or FLW), and afterwards an observer might see
the skyline a little differently. Or the observer might decide that the
dancer sucked. Apply to talking about music...
...or music about architecture. "So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright" by Simon and
Garfunkel comes to mind, as does Varese's music for that World's fair
exhibit built by Le Corbusier(sp?)...
...or architecture about music. Thinking of that concert hall in France
with
the adjustable walls (IRCAM?)
Douglas Baldwin, coyote-at-large
coyotelk@optonline.net