Re: Silent vs. noise

Since the subject of Reed's Metal Machine Music has come up, and since
this is a list about looping, folks may want to check out:
http://www.cellomachine.com/.

It's all about cellist Ulrich Maiss' rendering of MMM. I saw his
performance here in Toronto, and it was most impressive. Loud, too. I
really needed the earplugs that were being given out, but then I was in
the second row.

He not only gave a fairly close rendering of the sounds, but he also broke
it up into four "movements" as one would hear if listening to the original
LP. I don't recall hearing the CD version, so can't say if that is the
same.

Oh, and there's lots of looping too. I remember he had a Line-6, but can't
be sure of the other pedals.

James Bailey
host: Electric Storm / A Missing Sense
CKLN-FM 88.1 Toronto www.ckln.fm