WHAT COULD WE DO BETTER: redux

I suppose because I posted first that it is natural that people should
respond to things I said
but I really wanted to let everyone know that I honestly started this
thread
without a personal
agenda (nor was I trying to secretly influence any individuals' future
performances).  Like everyone,
I have my own takes on things that work or don't work (for me personally,
only) but I'm truly interested
in ideas and philosophies that are different than mine.

I'm really interested, basically, in what people like and don't like about
these shows and I'm interested
in discovering if there is any kind of loose consensus about where to take
them in the future.

I haven't always agreed, personally, but I've really  enjoyed reading Andre
and Per and Matt and Max and Ted and
Mark's and everyone else's individual take on the questions that I
proposed.

Stan Card truly does not believe in recording anything.   He informed me of
this when I went into my obnoxious cheerleader
mode and exhorted him to record a CD of his surf and surf influence music
have for sale for next year's big show.

That puts Stan on the exact opposie end of the spectrum from me who is a
recording fanatic.

I just love that our community can incorporate two people with such
divergent approaches and goals for their music.

I agree with Matt that this year's festival was really diverse and
fascinating and it is why I'm proud to be in this
so called 'movement'.

Whether you favor longer or shorter sets,short songs or long song, drum
machines or no drum machines, cheap theatrics of relatively static visual
performances  the theme I keep seeing mentioned in this thread so far is
the
'authenticity' theme.    I couldn't concur more.  I can watch a shoegazer
play a 25 minute piece (apologies to Per.........lol) if that person is
really deeply into what they are doing, so, yes, Ted,  there can be a
spiritual aspect
to a successful performance and frequently, for me, those are the one's
that
I connect with the most.

I celebrate diversity and have always tried to be as inclusive as possible
with the events that I've produce.   I just want to go on record again and
reiterate that.

thanks for all the replys,    rick