Re: new to looping, have question about rc-20

This is the main way I use looping - that is, by fading loops in and out
of dry playing.  I split the signal from my guitar with an A/B box, send
A direct to the amp, and B through loopers and delays into a volume
pedal.  Usually I use two amps and run B into the second, but sometimes
I'll just plug B into the second input of one of my Fenders.  It also
works fine just to sum them back together with another A/B box, or even
a Y-cable.  The Y-cable is the worst in terms of losing some signal, and
the A/B box isn't perfect (impedance issues that others can talk about
better than I - in fact this thread was discussed a bit previously,
check the archives), but it works fine for me as a simple solution.

Some of the advantages of this are that your dry guitar signal isn't
running through your looper, so it's more or less pristine (and if your
complicated looper setup goes down, you've still got guitar sound!).
Also you can easily switch guitar on and off going into your looper with
the switches on the A/B - it's fun just to feed it little bits and
pieces, then fade it up with the volume control.  You can also switch
off the dry guitar altogether, and just have it come back through your
loop all nice n' mangled. With the EDP and its footcontroller you can do
most if not all of this, but I myself would probably still have the
splitter in front for the clean path option.

Make sure to set the looper at 100% mix (assuming you have this control).

Daryl Shawn
highhorse@mhorse.com