RE: HuMaNiZiNg cold DRUM MACHINES

  I'd like to chime in and agree on using not only relatively minimal
patterns, but also on the point about combining drum sounds to create a
single sound.   In the PSA I was recently involved in, for the drum
programming, I  combined two or three kick drums to make a single kick, and
three snares for the chunkiest, most totally bitchin' snare sound!
woohoo!  It way rocked!
  Anyway, excellent points, and to add a couple of my own, in changing from
pattern to pattern, if Rick hasn't already brought this up, I personally
like to work within the realm of subtlety, making slight, more simple
changes, which can flow better in my opinion.   <smile>   Of course, I also
do appreciate and like completely over-the-top pattern switches as well,
but as a rule, I really like subtlety in patterns.
  The other thing I like is dynamics.  -or simply taking that idea to the
extreme and removing the rhythm track altogether, and then bringing it back
either abruptly or gradually.   -Just the idea of dropping the rhythm out
altogether and then bringing it back, really stands out to me, and can in
my opinion, really spice up a section of a piece.  -just my thoughts...
  Happy Holidays All!...

Smiles,

Cara

---

  View my online portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/model_list.cfm?ID=52516
  -Last updated on Mon. 12.15.03

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.