Re: quick edp one...(+EDP trick)

> Ok, multiply...
>  Multiplies the current loop, er...I mean cycle... BUT what if you made a
>  rather long cycle in the first place and you want to DIVIDE it into
>  sections... if you know what I mean... I often make a short cycle,
>  multiply it out to say 16X jam a bit overdub a bit, THEN re-multipy it
>  shorter (theres probably a edp manual term for this...but dunno) On
>  Repeater its called Trim...

Like Greg says, use Multiply followed by Record to reduce the size of
your cycle.

If you have Loop4 soft you can use Quantise=8th, and
set 8th/cycle to taste you can use Mult>>Rec to
chop the loop/cycle into
an accurate fraction of it's original length.
e.g. with 8th/cycle=4 you can have the new loop
at a quarter (or a half, or 3 quarters) of the old cycle.

If you want to keep the whole old loop, but just divide
it into smaller cycles then it's not so easy, but you
can try:-
1) do Mult>>Rec as above
2) do a multiply to make the loop the old length again (Mult>>>Mult)
3) long press on UNDO, and see what happens
...............you may be rewarded

When you get bored with that try
1) Quant= 8th, 8th/cycle=2, InsertMode=SUS
2) now each time you briefly tap Multiply, the loop
   length is cut neatly in half
    ........until the loop gets too small for 8thQuant to work

andy butler