Rick Walker's Faux Voix - quick review

I recently received a copy of Rick Walker's new CD Faux Voix and wanted to
post a
quick review.

Bottom line: This is an incredible collection of music!

It's very unusual, and very interesting. He uses processes vocals quite
heavily
as his instrument (hence the name) and naturally, there's lots of looping.
found this to be fascinating music, different then anything I've heard in
the
past (including Rick's last album). What it does retain from his previous
work is
the sense of rhythmic intensity and the everpresent push toward new and
creative
means of expression. I heartily recommend this CD.

Here's a pointer to the announcement in the archives:
http://loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200312/msg00375.html

Greg