Re: looper lunch

----- Original Message -----
From: <asterion@hell.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 17:08 PM
Subject: Re: looper lunch

> At 8:32 AM +0000 1/20/04, Steve Goodman wrote:
>
> >"attended" would imply that tix to this exclusive affair - NAMM, that
is -
> >are now available to the general public as opposed to a select group of
> >folks.  Has this changed since my departure from the US?
>
> Attendance is more tightly controlled than ever. In some cases
> security staff were checking photo IDs at the door.
> --
> /|   |\
> \ \ / /
> < * * >
> ( o o )

I too like making cattle sounds in crowds, but hey!

Isn't it a bit of a paradox?  I mean, as the technology (and the freedom to
create as well) spreads out beyond the formerly-firm grasp of the RIAA and
their ilk, and into the hands of independent artists, NAMM gets more
tightly-controlled... Hm.

Steve Goodman
* EarthLight Productions
* http://www.earthlight.net