Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 5:14 AM
Subject: RE: Using computers as a Live Looper - software alternatives

Sounds great! I'd be happy to try and alpha-test.

What do you mean by
"-Quantized Recording at 1/1, 1/2, 1/4 & 1/8 (will implement unquantized recording also)"?
Does this mean that record in/out is quantized at these beat boundaries? measure boundaries? arbitrary time interval boundaries?

My $0.02 of suggestions:
- quantization boundaries of multiple measures possible.
- loop length limited only by RAM and disk space
- have record punch in/out optionally take effect on quantization boundaries as in Ableton. ie so you can hit the rec in/out controller before the quantization boundary for accurate timing at the boundary.
- option to record for fixed duration, ie auto punch-out after some quantization interval
- flexible midi controller mapping

HTH,
Michael