Re: Re: SusReplace bug?

Loopers-Delight-d-request@loopers-delight.com writes:

> Hi Andy
>  sorry i meant SUSSubstitute(i always get replace and
>  substitute mixed up)
>  I have and EDP with loopIV and programmed this fuction
>  via New Direct MIDI.So when i press de button the old
>  loop starts fading out slowly instead of being
>  substituted right away, while the new one gets
>  recorded.
>  Any ideas?
>  L.a

What appears to be happenning here is that the
EDP thinks it has a feedback pedal connected.
In which case, during Substitute the feedback value
is taken from the front panel feedback control.
(not  the expected "zero"  which is what happens for
Subst with no pedal attached).

Check this out by changing front panel fbk
when the bug occurs.

If that's the problem, then might be cured by
shoving a jack into the fbk socket a few times,
...or by opening EDP and cleaning the contacts
on the jack socket.
( those sockets have a switch which opens when the jack
is inserted).

hope that helps

andy