waist high gear

Another solution that I'm surprised not to have heard about so far is
that percussionists have many different sizes of 'tray's to choose from
that
either attach to cymbal stands or to drum rack stands.  Just go to Latin
Percussion, Toca Percussion,
Pearl Percussion, Yamaha Percussion of Meinly percussion sites to find out
what's available.

Normally, cymbal and drum rack equipment is prohibitively expensive, but I
see cymbal stands every week at the Santa Cruz flea market from $10 - $50.

I'm really surprised that some one really enterprising hasn't started to
explore this market.
The fact of the matter is that they are making backpacks that hold a
hundred
pounds that use materials that only weigh a few ounces.

It seems like some of this technology could be used to start inventing
versatile and collapsible stands
for stage shows.      The mixer stand that someone suggested is really cool
but it doesn't collapse and
weighs a ton which just doesn't work if you are getting around in a small
car like I am.