Re: EDP sync issues

I have experienced the same kinds of problems.

I heard talk on this list that during Overdub operations the EDP is not
listening to MIDI Clock sync messages, so if you leave it in Overdub for an
extended period it may drift out of time.

What I do is to keep a MIDI controller handy that is capable of sending the
ReAlign command to the EDP, which restarts the loop at the next MIDI clock
cycle point.  That is, the next bar line (assuming your sequencer or
pattern
is in 4/4, and you have 8th/Cycle set to 8).  After I do a long overdub, I
just send a ReAlign message and provided the MIDI Clock isn't being really
wobbly that day, the EDP usually syncs back up just fine.

There may be a way to access this command from the front panel, as well.
Can't remember.  I just have a button on my foot controller set to send it.

I don't know if this piece of information has any bearing on your
situation,
but I have found in Cakewalk Sonar that if you select, say, the first two
measures of a sequence to loop, Sonar selects the time from 01:01:000
through 02:01:000, which eventually causes the EDP to drift out of sync.  I
have to manually change the selection to be 01:01:000 through 01:04:119 to
get it to stay in sync indefinitely.

-J